It’s coming!

In our last survey, we asked if anyone would be interested in watching WorldStart videos demonstrating our tips and tricks. A resounding 70% told us to go for it, so that’s what we did! (Err, are doing)

Well, we’ve made some progress, and it looks like we’re going to have something for ya in the next week or two. What we’re currently planning is a type of question and answer show. You send in your questions, we answer as many as we can each week. In addition, as we add new tips, we’re planning to add video demonstrations to them. We figure actually seeing how the heck we’re doing something should make it even easier to follow along.

So yeah, that’s the initial plan, but hey, if you have any ideas, we’d love to hear them – make sure you comment below.

Anyway, one of the fun things we’ve already done is to shoot the “intro” that we’re going to use at the start of each video. One of our staff members, Gretchen, is an amazing artist and after a pathetic combination of begging, groveling, and puppy dog eyes, we convinced her to do a cool chalk WS logo on our studio background.

We created a stop motion video by setting a digital camera up on an timer and having it pop a shot every 30 seconds while she worked – for a total of 128 individual shots! Then, we put them into a video, added a dash of Benny Hill, and, well, what do you think?

Like it? Yes? No? Maybe so?

Anyway, now you know one of the things we’re up to. We’re also planning a major change to the Computer Tips newsletter next week, so stay tuned.

~Steve

54 Responses to “WorldStart Video Fun”

1. sherri says:

The video was cute……Good job Gretchen!

2. Millard says:

Yes yes, Very cool!!!!

3. WayneW says:

I liked the angle on Gretchen, but would still like a shot of her face.

4. Marvin Sakin says:

Good afternoon World Start People: You guys are outstanding. What you are offering is fantastic and the opening Video is outstanding. I have been a customer for several years, and every item I have purchase has been excellent. Thank you

5. ByrdMan says:

Loved it.

6. Shelby says:

I don’t ever watch these things. They usually take too long to load.

7. Harold Higgins says:

Totally diferent then what I am used to watching. Even so, I was frozen in my seat
    and still wanting more of the action at the videos end. I haven’t had an adrenaline
    rush quite like that since Viet Nam in ’66. Mercy!

8. WAYNE A says:

I liked it very much. She done an excellent job!!! Looking forward to more of your new stuff.

9. Joyce says:

What fun!

10. Harold Higgins says:

Oppps! LOL… Sorry about that. Your new video was just that; “New,” and of course will improve as time goes by.

As for the “Oppps!” I just happened to click on one of the ‘YouTube Videos’ after watching your video. My comment made at 4:10 pm
    was in reference to that. Foolish me… the older I get, the more fun I have with myself! LOL
    Personally I give you a “THUMBS UP for the BRICK WALL WORK!!”
    ~Harold~

11. Bea says:

It was cute, nice drawing

12. Sharon G says:

That was great, loved it all, and you guys are really going places with your site…Keep up the good work. :-)

• Marvel(Skeeter)Raiford says:

I think that it was Greaaaaaaaaaaaat ! Good job Gretchen. thx to you all for everything that you’re doing to make our computing lives a lot easier.

13. Dave H. says:

Excellent job!!! Now I’ve got to try it myself! Keep ‘em coming!

14. Nance says:

Sorry, I don’t do videos prefer to read !!

15. Nancy says:

Get idea Steve, glad you will be doing the video thing as I think more people will understand your tips and tricks. One of the ones I have trouble teaching some people is copy and paste. Showing them they catch on faster than my writing it out for them. You and your staff are doing a great job. Kuddo’s to all of you.

16. Don says:

Good job on the video. Congrats to all concerned! Gretchen got credit (and rightly so) for the drawing, but the others involved who shot the pics and developed them into the video clip are to be congratulated, too. I have recieved the newsletter for several years and your hints have helped me many times. I, personally, enjoy seeing the ads and special prices you put in each newsletter. When I want something for my computer, hardware or software, I check out WorldStart first. Your newsletter ads sometimes remind me of something I have been thinking about purchasing and give me a little push to “get-er-done”.

17. Jack says:

Loved the video and the Benny Hill touch was great! Good job Gretchen!

18. Lucie says:

NO—I like it stright and to the point.

I prefer to read too, but I did like Gretchen’s design…

20. Steve says:

Great Job……………….I miss Benny Hill

21. MissRose says:

Great Job… I love thie vim and vigor of it all. It makes you want to get up and dance and celebrate a job well done!

Keep up the good work… with all this energy being spent..well maybe I will lose an ounce or two myself, just trying to keep up.. ha ha!
    Seriously it is a great job and Benny Hill set just the right tone for the site. Fun…and by accident.. we might actually learn something… something can get done while having fun…etc.
    MissRose

22. charlie Vogel says:

really enjoyed it…and your website!

23. Dee says:

Exhilarating! I love the action going on there and yes, this young lady is truly gifted. I think that all of you are each in your own niche.

24. Gregg says:

GREAT! What’s the old saying “Unless things change, they remain the same.” Keep ‘em coming . . . love new stuff.

25. Ernie White says:

I loved it all too & I get a better feeling on doing things when shown how to it but I hope you use text too.
    I like to peint out all the tip’s that I like for safe keeping then if I need to do something I can find it to refresh my mind on how it’s done….
    Good job from all of you. I too have gotton a lot of stuff from your site & never had a problem with any of it.

Ernie

26. Christopher Bleasdale says:

For $12 a year all we get is a chalk background! Lol
    Loved the video all that was missing was some old git in a trenchcoat to chase Gretchen of camera!

27. Leonhard Zurawskyj says:

Great job by everyone. Looking forward to more of the same. Have been reading your tip’s for several year’s and have learned quite a bit. Keep it going.

28. Lou Doughty says:

Loved it. You guys rock!!!

How cute. lol Really Enjoyed it. :-D

30. Susan says:

Nifty neat-o! Highest rating from an ole person!

31. Bugsman says:

Excellent!! Looking forward to more.

32. Fran says:

Enjoyed the video…………..can’t wait to see more……always easier for me to follow video than reading text……good job.

33. hapicass58 says:

This will great ,great site went you get done with it. good luck.

34. Damsur Huron says:

You folks rock. Terrific Gretchen. As for the guy that “doesn’t do video, he doesn’t have to watch!! I am so impressed for what Steve has built and given to us. I learn better when I see thingsā€”visual person. Thank you MUCH.

35. Damsur Huron says:

I think it’s a really GREAT idea. You foks Rock. Gretchen is cool and talented. Thanks MUCH FOR ALL THAT YOU GIVE. Big Hug to the whole bunch of you.

36. Judy says:

I’d like to see a picture of each of you so I know who’s who?

37. Thelma Thompson says:

love it!!! I like videos and like to see how to do things. Sometimes its better to see it than read it. Keep up the good work!!! I have learned alot form u guys and gals. Thank you

38. Marge Farrell says:

Loved the video. I have been with you for severeal years–I have been satisfied with everything I have purchased from you and keep those tips coming. You are the only ones I am albe to understand. Thks for everything.

39. Gil C " Dobro " says:

Yes Sir I liked the video and I really did the Benny Hill tune it fit right in with the video GOOD JOB .

40. Beverly says:

I enjoyed it. Very creative.

41. Paul Artman says:

YES, I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED IF SOMEONE WOULD DEMONSTRATE HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY USE
    THE VIDEO SAFE/QUICK DVD (TRANSFERRING VHS TAPE TO DVD) WHICH YOU SOLD A FEW MONTHS
    AGO. A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF THIS EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL.
    Y’ALL CONTINUE TO COME UP WITH GREAT NEW IDEAS. THANKS FOR BEING THERE WHEN WE
    NEED HELP.

42. Shirley says:

This will help many older people who just have a hard time with the whole concept of computers. Several of my friends will benefit from this. I’m going to help one of them this afternoon. I’ll be sure to tell her about this innovation. Don’t need Benny Hill’s humor, though. Not the off-color stuff anyway. I still like the ads, too; because I can see new items, that I might be interested in.

43. Ginny says:

You folks are truly awesome.

44. Ray says:

Cool,I am waiting 4 days seems forever.

45. Mike says:

cool music on the video. Would have been nice at the end if all three characters had stood in front of the logo
    LOOKING AT THE CAMERA, so we could see who they are.

46. Rhodeman says:

Brilliant.. idea, and the intro was equally brilliantly done. Benny Hill.. you’d be proud. (But.. you gotta chase Gretchen ’round and ’round a bit.. to be true to the master “BH”.)

My concern about this approach is this: I depend on the WRITTEN text of your tips and advisories. I keep every one of the tips you send out each day.. esp about Windows 7. If you replace the text version with a video only.. then we lose the value of capturing the core substance of the tip. Good for you (saves time, more entertaining).. not so good for us who need to keep track of the good stuff you provide!!).
    ..whcih only means, I’m gonna have to ‘take notes’ when I watch the vid’s.. yes?

47. Duke says:

I love the ‘Intro Video’! I could warch Gretchen do that all night! In fact I just Might do that! Like Christopher Bleasdale said, it would really be funny if one of the guys put on a trench coat and chased Gretchen just like the Benny Hill skits.

48. Kandi says:

49. Barbara Tosh says:

Cute video! Can’t wait to see the rest. (Who were those strange guys who kept getting in the picture?)

50. Bonnie says:

All I can say is: LOVE IT, LOVE IT. LOVE IT!!!!!!!